Metabolic Code integrates with Shapa & ClearStep products to enable providers to seamlessly view client records for key health metrics, directly within Metabolic Code POC.
This will enable you as a provider, or organization administrator, to view data inputs from your clients within your Metabolic Code POC portal, and download Reports with aggregated information on a universal, per group, or per client basis.
Accessing this integration #
You will only see entries posted when your clients have:
- Connected their accounts (Here are instructions you can share with clients)
- Added Entries / Utilized their devices
You will not see the integration appear or be able to view any client data until your client has begun to log metrics and synced the data into their Metabolic Code POC profile. Entries added to a client’s Shapa / ClearStep portal prior to the connection with Metabolic Code date will not load in a client’s Metabolic Code profile.
Overview of Shapa & ClearStep Products #
ClearStep products offer clients a unique experience to monitor key health metrics and share those insights with providers.
- ClearStep Scale: A numberless scale for clients, a powerful tool for providers. This entirely numberless virtual weight monitoring tool enables a provider to monitor weight trends as the end user sees zero feedback on weight in the digital app.
- Shapa BP: A wireless blood pressure monitor and digital app that allows a client to take a blood pressure reading and see their measurement result immediately.
- As an alternate option, Shapa BP offers a two-week numberless experience where a client takes measurements, receives no immediate feedback, and Shapa calculates the average BP for that individual.
- Can be used as an ambulatory BP monitoring and diagnostic tool for providers monitoring blood pressure to screen for white coat effect and masked hypertension
- Shapa Scale: A numberless, screenless scale that pairs with a digital app to provide feedback on the weight trend towards a client’s personal weight goal. Feedback is provided through a patented 5-color feedback model looking at the client’s weight trend to inform them if their weight trend is heading towards the desired goal.
Metrics Pulled into Metabolic Code #
ClearStep / Shapa Scale #
ClearStep / Shapa Scales will push the following data as metrics into Metabolic Code:
- Fat Mass
- Muscle Mass
Shapa Blood Pressure (BP)
Shapa BP will push the following data as metrics into Metabolic Code:
- Systolic Pressure
- Diastolic Pressure
Data will be entered into a client’s Metabolic Code’s Journal as a metric and visible on your feed.
How clients can sync their ClearStep or Shapa with Metabolic Code #
From a client’s perspective, when they log into Metabolic Code POC from their computer, or web browser on their phone, they will be prompted to connect their Metabolic Code account with Shapa / ClearStep.
This integration is not yet available via the mobile apps directly, so if clients are setting this up from their phone, they can log into Metabolic Code from their web browser (e.g., Safari or Chrome), go to Menu > Integrations. They will see Shapa / Clearstep as an option if their provider has set up the integration with Metabolic Code.
Viewing pulled metrics #
As a provider or Organization Member
As an organization administrator or provider with this integration enabled, you will be able to pull a report of entries, for a specific date range. This will be available to you in the Metrics Report for CSV download, where you will be able to filter data on a per client, per group, and aggregate basis.
Information on the Sync #
- Devices will sync data onto Metabolic Code POC once a day, every day in the morning.
- After your client syncs their Device with Metabolic Code, entries will take 24 hours to first appear.
- If there are day lapses between entries, it means that the client did not utilize their device, or that ClearStep / Shapa did not record the data to their online servers.
- The sync will NOT pull in historical metrics, from before the time your clients synced their device with the Metabolic Code Platform. It is on our radar to allow for this, and we will update this post when that becomes available.
Best Practices and Recommendations #
- We recommend creating a Daily Goal to remind your client to step onto their Shapa scale
- For ClearStep, we recommend setting a goal for weighing in that aligns with your treatment plan for the client.
- You have the option to enable / disable the ability for your clients to view the Metrics added via Shapa/Clearstep scales. As part of setting up your Journal Settings, you have an option to have your client be able to view the metrics entries that you may make, on a clients behalf, or to turn this feature off entirely. Many Eating Disorder professionals elect to turn this off, such that you are able to keep track of metrics like weight, but clients do not see these entries or the numbers. You can set that up here.