**Metabolic Code® does not guarantee insurance coverage. Please see bottom of this page for full policy.
Please follow the steps below:
- From your Dashboard search for the patient’s name and click enter:
2. From the Patient Profile Overview Select “New Order with Labs”:
3. Once in the New Order screen, you will see a few areas that require a selection or additional information:
a. Review lab pricing information with your patient. All lab pricing is available when you:
- Begin to place a lab order by selecting New Order with Labs
- Select a panel (Silver, Gold, or Platinum) and any additional markers by clicking the Advanced link.
- Pricing is subject to change so please always refer to pricing that is visible in the platform.
b. Once you review pricing, select the panel most appropriate for your patient and add any additional tests by clicking the Advanced link.
4. From here you will need to select one of the panels from the Combos grid You will see your selection underlined in green. If you are drawing in office, please select the date and time of collection.
VERY IMPORTANT: Quest requires that both the Date of Collection (DOC) and Time of Collection (TOC) be hand written on the requisition accompanying the sample. Certain tests will not be run without this information and labs may not post to your Metabolic Code portal:
5. Scroll down to the Insurance Information section. If the patient’s information was not entered at the time of registration, then please enter it here. Make sure to select between HMO and PPO. Medicare is not an option:
6. Then, select a minimum of 1 Diagnosis Code. Enter as many are necessary for the patient. Please note that Metabolic Code cannot suggest diagnosis codes for your patients:
7. Scroll down to the Patient’s Address field. If this was not entered during registration, please enter it here:
8. Once all of the necessary information has been entered, you will notice that the Submit button will no longer be grayed out. Please select Submit at the bottom of the outcome panel, to place the order:
Metabolic Code® is not responsible for validating insurance coverage. This is ultimately the responsibility of the patient to check BEFORE the lab order is submitted.
You will see the lab prices go to zero once insurance is selected, this does not mean that insurance has been pre-authorized.
In the case that a lab requisition is executed, and insurance is not accepted, the patient is responsible for the total cost of the labs, which will be different than the cash price.