Getting a good night’s sleep is critical for our overall health. Weight gain, cardiovascular disease, mood changes, changes in sex hormones and reduced immunity are just some of the effects of not sleeping enough. So if you are having issues falling asleep, staying asleep, or wake up several times each night, here are 9 tips to help you get deeper, more restful, quality sleep!
– Diets that consist of low fiber, high sugar, high saturated fat have been shown to lead to sleep disruption. We recommend that you reduce sugar and saturated fat while increasing your fiber intake. Consider adding a fiber supplement.
-If you have an allergenic response to some foods this can disrupt sleep by increasing stress hormones and a substance called PEA that keeps the mind active. We see many people who get better sleep following a low allergen diet.
– Taking a few minutes each day for deep breathing techniques can help reduce the stress response by resetting your nervous system to rest and digest.
– Taking melatonin at bedtime can also help, but some people need to work on reducing daytime stress for it to be effective. Some other nutrients that can help are: Relora, Holy Basil, Kava and Suntheanine®. These nutrients help reduce stress hormones and increase calming neurotransmitters so that your nervous system doesn’t get overstimulated.
– Keep track of your caffeine consumption throughout the day, everyone processes caffeine at different rates so that second or third cup may impact you more than the next person. We recommend keeping caffeine to morning hours, or at least not past 3pm.
– Reduce your exposure to bright light in the evening with reduced screen time (blue light exposure) and dimming house lights an hr before bed.
– Set your thermostat set to cooler temperatures at bedtime. The National Sleep Foundation recommends 60-67 degrees for optimal sleep.
– Find ways to reduce any noise in your house (wear ear plugs or use a fan to create white noise.)
– Avoid late night intense exercise.
Metabolic TRIADS® to Pay Attention to:
When it comes to the integrity of your immune system all TRIADS are important here are just two that you should take extra care in supporting when you want to build your resiliency to colds, flus, and virus’. Below you will find supplements that can help support these two key TRIADS.
Triad 2: Resiliency (Gut – Immune – Brain) is comprised of the digestive tract, immune system, and the central nervous system. Together, these intelligent body systems make moment-to-moment decisions with regard to absorption and assimilation, and set key boundaries physically, immunologically, and mentally. When Triad 2 is normal, the person feels organized and secure within themselves and their environment, and when out of balance, this physiologic network becomes disordered and unpredictable.
Find out how your five Metabolic TRIADS stack up by getting a Metabolic Code® assessment and report done with one the practitioners in our nation wide network. This will give you honest insight into where your health is today, and where you’re headed in the years to come. Click here to get a sample report.
Diet & Lifestyle Recommendations:
If you change your diet, you can change your life. Our Metabolic Code® Diet programs have been crafted by our in-house dietitians to help you reset your metabolic systems and get your looking good and feeling better in as little as two weeks. Curious? Get some free resources to help you get started.
Try Our New Supplement Line:
Quality supplements, that work, and are backed by research. These supplements are available only through a Metabolic Code® Practitioner.
Great way to increase fiber in your diet while keeping total carbohydrates down. This odorless and tasteless powder can be added to food or beverage. Supports a healthy digestive tract by providing fiber, estrogen and testosterone metabolism in the GUT, healthy lipid levels, and a healthy metabolism and weight.
Practitioners: You will find these products in the supplement store on this site. Learn more about these products in depth by visiting the Pro Resource Center. You must be logged into your account this page as well as the store. Log into your practitioner portal here. Once logged you will see the appropriate links in the main navigation.
Consumers: Think you could benefit from these products? Talk to your Metabolic Code® practitioner today or reach out to us to get connected with a practitioner in our network.
Elevate Your Practice, Join the Metabolic Code®
Run unlimited Metabolic Code® reports. Receive monthly cutting edge integrative health education. Fully developed diet and lifestyle programs that you can plug your patients into. Access to a full resource library, and a brand NEW Point of Care platform with HIPPA compliant Telehealth, mobile app, care plans, scheduling and more!