The Point-of-Care platform automates emails to clients, to save providers time on back-office administrative tasks. This article walks through the types of emails available for providers to customize and automate.
Important aspects of sending emails via POC #
- Emails from the POC are white-labeled meaning that they contain your company’s brand and logo by default.
- If a client responds to an email from the system, responses will go to your email inbox (the email address that you have on file for your account).
Emails that the POC sends automatically on your behalf #
Client Invite (Welcome Email)
- This email is automatically sent to clients when you manually add them to the POC platform through the Client tab of the POC. We recommend adding an introduction to your practice and talk about how you’ll use this platform in your practice.
- This email contains a link that clients can click, to set their account password and begin completing intake forms.
- The Welcome Email does NOT send to clients if they onboard by self-booking an appointment or purchasing a package (ie. directly from your website).
- This email is sent to a client when you or they book an appointment.
- This email is automatically delivered, and you do not need to enable this within the platform.
- This email will automatically include key information about your appointment, like the date and time, including AM/PM and timezone of appointment. You can add additional text the text of this email in the Email settings tab within the POC.
- Links are included for you client to add their appointment directly to their iCal, Google, or Outlook calendar.
- This email is sent to a client in advance of a session to remind them of an upcoming appointment scheduled with you.
- This email is automatically delivered, once you have enabled appointment reminders in your account. You can enable this in Appointment Settings and adjust the timing of these reminders (1, 2, 3 or 4 days in advance of a session). You also have the option to enable a text message reminder here.
- If the session will be held virtually, the appointment reminder email will automatically include a link to access the video call session (e.g., Zoom link if via Zoom, link to join Telehealth call if via the POC Telehealth).
Client books from your website or purchases package from your website (“Embeddable Appointment Created”)
- This is an email sent to NEW clients who do not have a POC account connected to you.
- These emails are often similar to the Welcome Email, but you may want to adjust the text slightly to reflect the fact that a client is being added to the POC platform from your website, versus you manually adding them.
- When a client receives this email, it will automatically contain a link, that clients can click, to set an account password and complete the intake forms that you have set up.
- You can tie a specific package to a specific group, to a specific email, if you have multiple intake flows.
- This is an email sent to Clients who purchase a package from you, and emails can be customized on a per-package basis
- You may want to add package-specific information for the client to read in this email.
- If this the client is NEW to the POC, they will also receive, the “Package Purchased” email will also contain a button prompting the client to create their POC Client account.
- When a client joins a new program, you can curate the welcome message that they receive. Use this email to help introduce your program and what enrolled participants can expect.
- As part of your program, you can include “emails” to release as a module. You can view and edit all of your in-program emails here.
Reactivation Emails (Practice Plus Plan & Above)
- The POC enables providers to send out emails to clients who have been inactive on the platform for a certain number of days.
- This must be manually set up, and emails do not get sent out unless you have explicitly set these up.
Customizing Your Automatic Emails to Clients #
Within the POC, you have the ability to edit the email content that your clients will receive. This allows you to ensure that each email your client receives reflects your brand and business. Share important business information, provide additional resources, and help clients feel supported through your personalized email messages.
To get started with editing/customizing your email templates:
- Click on the “Settings” tool on the top right of web platform
- Select “Email Templates” from the left-hand side panel under “Features”
- Select the Email template you would like to modify
Within each email category (Client Invite, Appointment Confirmed, Appointment Reminder, etc) there may be several different emails to send. For example, in the “Appointment Reminder” category, you can customize a different email to send for EACH appointment type that you offer.
If there are multiple emails in a category, simply click the dropdown box to find the email that you would like to edit.
An important feature is the ability to PREVIEW the email templates that you’ve created. By clicking the “Preview” button on the top right, a box will appear displaying your email as your clients will view it. As mentioned earlier, if you have a logo uploaded for your business, then it will automatically display in the body of your email.
Other Email Notifications sent #
The POC will automatically send your clients notifications when you take certain actions on the platform so that clients know to log into the portal to take a particular action. These include:
- Sending a message
- Sharing a document
- Sharing an education
- Goal reminders
- When you comment on an entry